Skip to main content

Reality Amplified

Weird. It's bleaky as heck outside, yet I am in one of my more stellar moods today (I say this with absolutely no sarcasm). But it is quite strange, as the past week has had me in a bit of a fog. I was definitely feeling out of it. Didn't want to be around anyone, or do anything. But today... today is different and I am ever so grateful. Truthfully, it's just plain ole' exhausting being depressed. It definitely involves more work and thus, generates more fatigue. But alas! In life, one is forced to roll with the blasted punches.

I saw Coraline on Tuesday afternoon. I was not disappointed. It was wonderful in all it's 3D-Brilliance! Neil Gaiman is a fantastic storyteller and Tim Burton is able to depict his sincere appreciation for the types of stories Neil has a talent for creating, with such exuberance, that one is left with no other option but to be awed.

So it should be no surprise that Mr.Gaiman has somehow managed to resurrect my value for the art of writing. I am seriously considering Creative Writing classes. My only fear is that it might take all the fun out of it. Anything that becomes too 'theorized' tends to be a lot less fun that it used to be...

I am slowly realizing that I have an appreciation for Reality "Amplified". Let me explain myself as best as is possible to do so.
Initially I felt that I was purely a fictional fan or is that a fan of fiction?? Whatever. But with time and awareness (Awareness is a mutha') it dawned on me that my tastes truly encompasses reality with a touch of absurdity (otherwise known as fantasy). I like the thought of something totally 'normal' and 'simplistic-seeming', being so much more than it appears. Take for instance a snow globe. Now, on the outside it may seem like a a decorative ornament that usually symbolizes sentiment or souvenir or both. Some people might even view it as a weapon (think Richard Gere in Unfaithful). Now as for me, I view it as a story piece. The Snow globe now becomes a fable about a house, on a hill, that has but a sole occupant, named Gilder. And so the story continues. It has many chapters and many twists and I tell you, Gilder does exist....somewhere. Maybe his name is Bob and he lives in a trailer park and he doesn't have magic powers, but damnit at the very least he has 11 toes! The snow globe, being real, has managed to possess within it, a world of tiny people that live and breathe in their own spectrum, their own world. Hence, Reality Amplified. Truthfully, it just makes things more interesting.

I've found that not only is it difficult for me to NOT think like a storyteller, but it also disturbs me to think imagination is limited to a selected few in Adult- Land. I have this one friend (yes...just one friend) who seems almost terrified of the prospect of someone not living just in reality. It is inconceivable to him as to why someone would even be remotely interested in something that is fantasy related. Harry Potter seems to be a particular sore point for him. Truthfully his attitude irritated the hell out of me... at first. But now, I've come to accept, that in all honesty, 'to each his own'. He can't convince me to NOT appreciate fantasy, anymore than I can convince him TO appreciate it. In the end, none of us are wrong or right. Because it is all so subjective and personalized. It's a personal choice.
So when he gets pissy about it, I allow him to rant and to rave. To huff and to puff and eventually blow his house of logic down. (That thought just made me laugh) - Like really...

Good Tidings' Ya'll.
P.S - This is the website for http://www.neilgaiman.com/- ENJOY!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MyLifeAsAHuman - Dreamscape

My Life As A Human- Entry#689 - The Lure

There is a thirst to understand the desires of the flesh... The need to touch and be touched... To hunger and be provoked... The way her body moves cries out 'release me'  let me catapult you to a new level of ecstasy that has nothing to do with my inner core... But instead seduce my inner lure.... Breathe into me the yearning of unshaken freedom... Wrap your fingers around my mind and massage it to a new level of indescribable uphoria... Touch my thoughts so deeply that I am driven to the edge of desire and need... Touching myself and screaming your name in desperate release... Handcuff me to the bed with your words as they reverberate along my skin, sending goosebumps of hungry anticipation that moisten my sweet perfection. Handle me. Make me hum, til I cum and explode in delectable cerebral bliss... Riding the waves of this, our transcendent synergy. — Y. Salmon  Photocredit goes to @wreff.

#MyLifeAsAHuman #MyThoughtsMyWords