Skip to main content

#MyLifeAsAHuman - Entry# 984 - My Symphony

I'm sitting here gazing out into a world of possibility and purpose and I chide myself for being a coward sometimes. 
I get mad at myself for doubting as much as I do, for hesitating and finding excuses.

I look back and remember when I was a fearless dreamer, blatant in my belief, obnoxious in my certainty....
And I wonder.... Where did she go? Where did that girl go? Was she killed off by cynicism? Knocked down by reality.... Captured by adulthood? Defeated by life?...

I shake my head, for it is better than hanging it in shame. I steady myself for the mourning of my past self.... And I think... Am I but a shell of my former self? Void of truth and inspiration? 
Am I so empty a vessel that my noise is nothing but a deafening yet unnoticeable silence?...
These are my fears that nip at my confidence, that drown my rising strength.
These are the fears I hold on to, to feed my pity party and excuse myself from wanting... From dreaming... From doing.

These are the fears that I listen to a little less each time I am feeling beaten.... Because they are the crutch that bring me familiar self contempt.... 
And I remind myself; once this sea of self deprecation has washed over me and left me limp with daunting visions.... I remind myself that I am my saviour. 
That to believe in myself is to acknowledge my self worth. Is to love myself. To cherish myself. To value my entire being.

I remind myself, that, yes, I was a dreamer with stubborn determination and life has taught me lessons that at first left me winded... Cynical.
But now that I am able to look outside of myself, to forgive myself, to appreciate myself... 
I find that I am grateful for who I am right now. 
I am grateful for all those lessons bestowed upon me that have created this spirit within me.

I am a different person now. 
Unrecognizable at first, appearing broken and ripped.... Worn and bruised... Strong and graceful... Imperfectly whole... 
Still growing and flourishing, still being created.
I am myself...

And although I am not as pure or untouched.
Although my petals are no longer as supple and smooth....
I am now perfectly crinkled and folded. Bended but not broke....
Able to withstand the most ferocious winds and hold my face towards the sky in the most tumultuous rainfalls.

I am a better version of me, that has lived and continues to live.
Collecting spiritual stamps and road maps and folds and creases... 
That combine themselves into a beautiful mess of harmony, that I have deemed as my very own, self created, soul-built symphony...

-Y. Salmon

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#MyLifeAsAHuman - Dreamscape

#MyLifeAsAHuman #MyThoughtsMyWords

My Life As A Human- Entry#689 - The Lure

There is a thirst to understand the desires of the flesh... The need to touch and be touched... To hunger and be provoked... The way her body moves cries out 'release me'  let me catapult you to a new level of ecstasy that has nothing to do with my inner core... But instead seduce my inner lure.... Breathe into me the yearning of unshaken freedom... Wrap your fingers around my mind and massage it to a new level of indescribable uphoria... Touch my thoughts so deeply that I am driven to the edge of desire and need... Touching myself and screaming your name in desperate release... Handcuff me to the bed with your words as they reverberate along my skin, sending goosebumps of hungry anticipation that moisten my sweet perfection. Handle me. Make me hum, til I cum and explode in delectable cerebral bliss... Riding the waves of this, our transcendent synergy. — Y. Salmon  Photocredit goes to @wreff.