Skip to main content

Life's Love Day.

So, come the eve of Valentine's day, I'll be pulling an over-nighter at work and with any luck I'll be dragging myself into bed by 10am Valentine's morning. Either way I'll be alone. Curled up in my blankets, completely unaware of the passing events of the actual day itself.

Which is why I'm making this blog today.

Needless to say, I initially dreaded the upcoming 'day of love' and all the connotations that come with it. I found myself viewing the day with uncharacteristically severe cynicism and disdain. And leaning towards the belief that Valentine's day was just a day for chocolate and card companies to take advantage of all the 'happy hearts' out there and at the same time make the members of the lonely hearts' club feel like absolute crap.
But the real truth of the matter was this. I was just feeling bummed myself...as I knew that I was a member of the lonely hearts' club this year. And it sucked. I was all too aware of the fact that my chocolate and card would never be given and that I would be forced to realize that my poor little heart was as much broken as it was lonely.

So! After a much needed glass of JD, I came to the realization that the best thing to do was to put an end to my pity party and acknowledge all the truly positive aspects of my life and of myself. (Yes. I had an epiphany... of sorts.) And this is what I came up with:

LOVE is best recognized with truth.
Yes, sometimes it's painful, sometimes it's bliss and sometimes it's just completely incomprehensible. But, the ability to have had been able to discover all of that; makes the value of love immeasurable.
Whether or not we want to admit it, love gives meaning. It gives meaning to life, to passion, to wisdom, to art, to sex, to music, to 'touch'.
It wraps us up, flies us high, throws us down and then picks us up and does it all over again! And we relish it because it makes us feel alive, makes our heart pump. It gives us a pulse.

So although we may not always have the 'type' of love we want, when we want it. We should take the time to appreciate the love we have been privileged to have, both in the past and more importantly , in the present. Right here, right now.

Valentine's day shouldn't be the one day we choose to place emphasis on the value of love, but rather, if anything, it should be the time of year we use to get our momentum going.
Love should be shared as often as possible, whenever possible; because we all know that when we get caught up in the day to day b***s**t of existing, we forget the importance of the simple things. Like giving a hug, sharing a smile, drying someone's tears and saying "I love you".

So may this Valentine's day be the beginning of your re-discovery of love. May ythis Valentine's day inspire you to do a big gesture based on a small act of kindness. May your passions match your cynicism and may your hopes feed your dreams, your inspiration and most importantly your heart.

And with all that said, I wish for for you a Happy Valentine's day and a fearless and awe-inspiring year of Love.

Peace.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#MyLifeAsAHuman #MyThoughtsMyWords

#MyLifeAsAHuman - Dreamscape

My Life As A Human- Entry#689 - The Lure

There is a thirst to understand the desires of the flesh... The need to touch and be touched... To hunger and be provoked... The way her body moves cries out 'release me'  let me catapult you to a new level of ecstasy that has nothing to do with my inner core... But instead seduce my inner lure.... Breathe into me the yearning of unshaken freedom... Wrap your fingers around my mind and massage it to a new level of indescribable uphoria... Touch my thoughts so deeply that I am driven to the edge of desire and need... Touching myself and screaming your name in desperate release... Handcuff me to the bed with your words as they reverberate along my skin, sending goosebumps of hungry anticipation that moisten my sweet perfection. Handle me. Make me hum, til I cum and explode in delectable cerebral bliss... Riding the waves of this, our transcendent synergy. — Y. Salmon  Photocredit goes to @wreff.